Learning Operational Excellence – A Simulation
November 12, 2020 8:30 am – 12:00 pm CT
“I Hear and I Forget, I See and I Remember, I Do and I Understand.”Confucius
Workshop Description – Experience rapid improvement of a Work System in this “hands-on” virtual simulation. You (and your team) will cycle through four rounds of learning and experimenting by doing, seeking to improve accuracy, quality and ideal material and work flow. Each cycle will be based on your PDCA (Plan-Do-Check-Act) cycle, captured in a huddle board. The simulation will improve how the work is completed. The elements of a Management System and Improvement System will be integral to your processes and problem solving.
By the end of the workshop, participants will identify and apply lean methods and problem-solving techniques to solve issues they are having in the workplace.
Learning Objectives –
- Experimenting and implementing with a practical problem-solving methodology and A3 thinking;
- Application of lean concepts;
- Pull systems;
- Standardized work;
- Takt time;
- Workload leveling;
- Outcome and process metrics;
- Numerous others, including team huddles, scorecards, etc…
- Creating hypothesis (using structured method) and reflection/learn from each round;
- Correlating principles focus with process-based changes;
- Creating a plan for actions to apply in their own work/organization.
The cost is $250, and the class size is limited. Please contact Melissa Moore, email@example.com, to register.