Scroll down for a transcript, how to subscribe, and more
Welcome to Episode #28 of Habitual Excellence, presented by Value Capture.
Our guest is Rob MacIsaac, the president of Hamilton Health Sciences, from Hamilton, Ontario, Canada.
Today, we talk about how he got involved in healthcare leadership (after previously being the mayor of Burlington, Ontario, among other leadership roles). Rob shares reflections on meeting the late Paul O'Neill and what he learned from those interactions. Rob also shares three key takeaways about leadership:
- everybody has to be valued and respected
- everyone feels they are a member of a team, contributing to mission
- everybody needs to have the right tools to do their job
We also discuss what it means to be respected in the workplace, what it means to be recognized, and why leaders need to push toward “theoretical limits.”
We hope you enjoy the episode. We'll be back in two weeks after taking the Thanksgiving week off…
In future episodes, you'll hear discussions with guests including:
- Bill Boyd, Value Capture
- Rachna Shah, Carlson School of Management
- Alyson Gordon, Duke University Health System
- More interviews and discussions, coming every week
To make sure you don't miss an episode, be sure to subscribe today! Please rate and review the podcast.